Introduction to facilitation25 Feb 2011
There are a limited number of places left on this course, don’t miss out!
6 April 2011, 10:00 - 16:00
To enable participants to understand the role of the facilitator and practice a range of facilitation skills and techniques.
- Present principles of effective participation and facilitation
- Explore when and where facilitative approaches are most appropriate
- Identify key skills and values used in facilitation
- Start to develop a tool kit of facilitation techniques
- Provide an opportunity for participants to practice skills and techniques in a supportive setting
- Share experiences with other participants
- Describe the principles of effective participation, facilitation and consensus building
- Evaluate key skills and values used in facilitation
- Apply different facilitation techniques to different situations
- Use an essential ‘facilitation tool kit’ of techniques and processes
- Know where to access additional resources
Closing date for bookings is 16 March.
Those who wish to develop their facilitation skills to enable them to facilitate meetings and events with citizens, communities, colleagues and partner organisations.
This course will provide an introduction to facilitation, enabling participants to understand the role of the facilitator and practice a range of facilitation skills and techniques. Participants will learn how to plan and run effective facilitated events, develop questioning skills and explore techniques for dealing with challenging issues and behaviours.
It will be a participative course where participants will have the opportunity to explore and practice facilitation in a safe learning environment.
WCVA Member £125 Voluntary organisations £155 Others £185 (prices are exclusive of VAT)
Click here for more information on booking a place.